Conducts the 2nd 7th stages of the ALPS filtration system:
1. Silver Activated Carbon (1st layer of cartridge): Carbon absorbs chemicals and traps dirt, rust, silt, chemicals and chlorine.
2. Zeolite (2nd layer of cartridge): Zeolite softens water and has a strong affinity for heavy metals and adsorption of harmful elements, including fluoride.
3. Silica Sand (3rd layer of cartridge): Silica promotes healthy bone, connective tissue and helps prevent premature aging, cardiovascular and Alzheimer’s disease and keeps water cool and fresh.
4. Mineral Sand (4th layer of cartridge): Mineral sand replenishes minerals lost during the purification process.
5. Ion Exchange Resin (5th layer of cartridge): This process traps fluoride atoms and neutralises them.
6. Far Infra-Red Ceramic Balls (6th layer of cartridge): These help to soften filtered water and raise the pH level to around 7.5 – 8.0.
**Replace every 6 to 9 months.
Immerse/soak in water for at least two hours, which rids the cartridge of any dust particles from the manufacturing process and primes it for use. After soaking the 6-stage filter cartridge, place it under running water and then give it a good shake. This will remove any air pockets and give you a good flow. (Repeat this process if ever you find your units water flow is slowing down). Screw cartridge onto threaded plate and place onto lower/bottom water tank cover. Flush/backwash the cartridge every 2-3 months under running water.